“For Elephants, Inc.” is dedicated to the survival of the world’s African elephants through research, conservation, and education. We take on this mission to save elephants from extinction and invite others to join us, so that we may live in a world where elephants always exist.
This is your chance to discover elephants and the magic of Africa! Anyone can experience the excitement of an expedition: individuals, families, groups - we’d be honored to share our work with you!
Let the magic of Africa change you, so you can change the world!
Our unique expeditions combine science, creativity, passion, technology, and nature, allowing you to experience many facets of elephant conservation. From assisting with hands-on research in the field and the laboratory, to being immersed in the wonders of nature and simply watching and listening to elephants within reach, you will gain unique and invaluable experiences to strengthen your academic, career, and personal goals. The Elephant Research Expedition will inspire you in making a difference for nature and for yourself.
- 9 Days / 8 nights
- 3 locations
- Elephant Research Laboratory at Elephants Alive Headquarters in Mica Village
- nDzuti Safari Camp, 3-Day Safari
- Kruger National Park
- Perfect for: Students or anyone seeking unique career or personal experience, family expeditions also available.
- Flight Information: Arrive and Depart Johannesburg (JNB); 2 internal flights included
- Lead by Dr. Kari A Morfeld, Elephant Research Endocrinologist & Team
Rates & Dates
- Dates: Next expedition January 2021
- Pick-up at O.R. Tambo International Airport in Johannesburg, South Africa
- Three daily meals
- All park entrance fees
- Research activities and training
- All travel and flight costs to Johannesburg, South Africa
- Please contact Dr. Kari Morfeld for information and special group rates. All fees will support research and conservation initiatives in collaboration with Elephants Alive.
Dr. Morfeld's research emphasizes developing and implementing practical methods to promote reproduction, health, and welfare of elephants in zoos and in the wild. The For Elephants, Inc. research laboratory in South Africa is a collaboration with Elephants Alive, who has been a foundation partner for over 10 years. The For Elephants goal is to produce scientific data that will inform management decisions in South Africa. In US Zoos, Dr. Morfeld uses her expertise in endocrine (hormones) research to study reproduction, health, and welfare to increase elephant reproductive rates and improve welfare for elephants in zoos.